Removing epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers.It also may be used by estheticians to prepare the skin for superficial chemical peels, microneedling or before a cleansing facial.Dermaplaning is often used on clients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines, and wrinkles. However, this treatment is instant gratification for EVERYONE! The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Increased absorption of active products
- Minimizes fine lines, and wrinkles
- Corrects some forms of rosacea sub type 1 only
- Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation
- Stimulates circulation
- Encourages normal shedding of the outer layers of the stratum corneum (skin)
Advantages of Dermaplaning
- No prep needed, can be done anytime
- Great prep for peels
- Removes vellus hair
- Feels great, and client will notice immediate change in the way the skin feels, and looks
- Pregnant, and lactacting women can have this treatment
- Can be performed on all skin types
- No chemicals
- Extremely safe
- Not irritating to the skin can ge right back to work.
Recovery of Dermaplaning:
Typically there is no down time required, however we ask you restrain from exercise, alcohol, and any excessive blood flow for 24 hours some may experience redness post treatment up to 24 hours.